Frequently Asked Questions
Please click on the link below for answers to our most frequent FAQs:
What kind of computer or operating system do I need to use Evolution Health programs?
Evolution Health software platforms and tools are designed to be used on the most commonly used personal computer's (PC's) and operating systems. Whether you are participating in a Evolution Health beta program or private-label program you will need to meet the following base requirements:
- Windows 98 (1st and 2nd edition); or
- Windows ME; or
- Windows NT (service pack 6a); or
- Windows 2000 (service pack 3); or
- Windows XP Home Edition.
- Windows XP Professional (service pack 1); and/or
- Windows 2003 Server Editions; and
- Microsoft .NET Framework Version 1.1 (by clicking the following link you will find out if you have the Microsoft .NET Framework installed. Should it not be installed on your PC you can install it from this link: Microsoft Windows Update.
Why am I getting an error message that says that I have to install the Microsoft.Net Framework?
To use Evolution Health tools you need to have the Microsoft .NET Framework installed on your computer.
By clicking the following link you will find out if you have the Microsoft .NET Framework installed. Should it not be installed on your PC you can install it from this link: Microsoft Windows Update.
I want to give back – how can I help support the SSC?
We realize that other companies charge membership fees for programs or services that are similar to those offered by Evolution Health. Evolution Health does not charge membership fees for use of our beta programs.
You can help support the SSC in one of the following ways:
- Sign up and help other members in our Community.
- Contact your insurance company, HMO, federal/state/provincial/municipal organization and ask them if they are a Evolution Health partner.
How can you offer your programs for free?
The information age has provided us with the exciting opportunity to positively impact health care outcomes on a worldwide scale. Evolution Health’s high-reach, low-cost and personalized approach to health care facilitates communication between patients, health care professionals and academic researchers. This public version of our smoking cessation software platform is designed to:
- Collect anonymous efficacy and clinical data that is used in validating the effectiveness of our software platforms.
- Test new software and software upgrades.
- Ensure software is compatible with an international and culturally diverse, non-targeted user base.
- Exhibit Evolution Health’s goodwill by offering the beta version of software upgrades at no cost to the end user.
- Collect anonymous efficacy data which is used in our scientific research.
Private label versions of Evolution Health programs are built to client specifications of clients and are designed incorporate unique brand identities, tailored messaging and unique access URLs. If you are interested in becoming a client or partner, please click here here.
Evolution Health clients include providers, payers, government health agencies, pharmaceutical companies, employers, non-profit organizations, hospitals and e-health providers.
How does Evolution Health determine who is eligible for Support, or who can use Evolution Health Community or Support Services?
All are welcome to participate in Evolution Health Community provided that they abide by the terms and regulations within our Community User Agreement.
Evolution Health Support Staff enforce a strict "three-strike" system within our Communities. We immediately remove a member's posting privileges on the third notification that they have defaulted on terms and regulations of our Community User Agreement. In these situations members are permitted to continue to read messages within our Communities but their posting privledges are removed. We do not allow visitors to re-register for our programs once they have had their memberships revoked.
Evolution Health reserves the right, at any time and without notice or justification, to remove a member's ability to post or participate in any aspect of our programs.
What happens to any personal information that I submit when using this program?
Your personal information is grouped with personal information of other users. We analyze usage patterns and cumulative clinical and demographic data to improve our software, and for no other reason.
When did the SSC start?
The SSC was first launched (version 1.0) on 28 September, 2000.
Why is the SSC not promoted?
The SSC is not a marketing tool, and no goods or services are sold via www.StopSmokingCenter.net. As such there is no need for Evolution Health to promote the program.
How do I add my personal Quit Video to my Profile?
To add your own personalized Quit Video to your SSC Personal Profile, go to YouTube
and upload a video that represents you or your quit to YouTube. You can post any video that lets you express yourself; you can create it and download it to YouTube or take and existing video and use it.
The only request we have is that if you discuss any products or services (including but not limited to NRTs or prescription products) that you do so in a manner that can beneficial to others, who are making their own personal quit plans. This goes without saying, but: please do not post any videos containing vulgar language, anything defamatory, harassing, abusive, mean-spirited, obscene, profane, sexually explicit, threatening, or illegal material, or any material containing blatant expressions of bigotry, racism or hate. Please remember that we reserve the right (but are not obligated to) edit, review, delete or refuse any video or material that is uploaded. Please remember to be respectful and that we all quit in different ways.
Can you send me my password / my password won't work?
- Go to YouTube and download your personal quit video or search for one that suits you
- Log in to your account
- Go to the program homepage (the little vlue house will take you there)
- Go to your Public Settings (on the menu within the program page)
- Click Search Video: you can search by title, author or both
- Select the Video you want to add. Test the video to make sure it’s the right one
- Update your Profile
- When users register with our programs we send them an email that contains their password. Please refer to that email to confirm your password.
- Click here to enter your email address and to retrieve your password.
- If you get this message: “Sorry, we don’t recognize that email address. Please enter the email address that you used when you registered with the program.” or “Sorry, you did not enter a valid password.”
- Make sure that you enter your email address and password correctly.
- You may have updated or changed your email address and/or password in your Personal Profile. If so, you must use the updated email address and/or password.
- If you’re sure that you’ve entered your email address and password correctly, but you still get an error message, then the email address or password that you typed in is not in our database and you will have to start over and re-register with the program.
- If you’re getting a message that says that we have sent your password to your email address and you do not receive the email, check your email program safe list or virus protection program to make sure that this program is on your safe list.
- For reasons of Privacy our Support Team or Technical Team can not send you your email address and/or password. Please register for the program again.
How do I change my email address or password?
To change your email or password log in to your account. Click on 'My Program' at the top of the page. Once there, click on 'Settings'. On the bottom left hand side of the settings page, you will see four hyperlinks. Click on 'Edit Email & Password' link; where you can change your information. Be sure to click the 'Save' button when you are done.
How do I add an image (avatar) to my posts and profile?
To add an image (avatar) to your profile and posts, log in to your account. Once logged in, click on 'My Program' at the top of the page. Once there, click on 'Settings'. On the bottom left hand side of the settings page, you will see four hyperlinks. Click on 'Edit Avatar' link; where you can change your profile picture. Here you can upload a picture using the Browse button. This button allows you to search for a picture saved to your computer. The picture you choose must be smaller than 50KB. Be sure to select Yes to the statement “Show your picture icon”. Lastly, click the 'Save' button to ensure the changes are saved.
How do I change my signature, occupation and hobbies?
To change your signature, occupation or hobbies log in to your account. Click on 'My Program' at the top of the page. Once there, click on 'Settings'. On the bottom left hand side of the settings page, you will see four hyperlinks. Click on 'Edit Profile' link. You can add or change your information under the heading "Tell us about yourself". Be sure to click the 'Save' button when you are done to save your changes.
To change your subscription to the support emails, log in to your account. Go to the Program main page (the little blue house will take you there). On this page click on Personal Profile; where you can change your subscription.
If you would like to submit a testimonial please send it to our feedback section. You can also upload a testimonial YouTube video of yourself to your profile. Be sure to notify us of this addition through the feedback section.
By making your Pledge Public you help to inspire others and motivate yourself. To add your pledge to our list of Public Pledges log in to your account; once logged in, click on the My Program page. If you scroll down this page under Milestone 5 click on the first link, “Your Public Pledge to Quit Smoking Forever.” On this page you can submit your pledge! Once a Health Educator reviews the content of your pledge you will see it live on the Public Pledges page.
The Quit Meter is calculated by the information you provide at registration or in your profile updates. The Life Gained portion of the Quit Meter is based on a formula created by experts in the field of smoking cessation. Its accuracy is undetermined; for this reason, this portion of the Quit Meter is for entertainment purposes only and should not replace information provided to you by Health Care Professionals.
Posting in the forums is a great way to give and receive support. Many members of our Community say it is one of their favorite program tools! To post in the forums you will need to log in and go to the Forums
page. Once there, you can choose to participate in a thread (discussion) that has already been created or create a thread (discussion) of your own.
- To create a new thread (or discussion) click on a relevant topic and then select the Start New Discussion hyperlink on the top left hand corner of the thread list.
- To reply to a discussion that has already been created, once in the thread, click on the Reply to this Discussion button on the top left hand side of the page.
Once logged in to the program you will automatically be taken to the Program main page. Click on Cravings Diary on the menu within this page. Here you can select a date and record your level of craving, NRT used and observations. You can review your entries at a later date and graph your progress!
You can use the Search Messages
link. In the search messages page you can search for threads by key words. Be sure to click the Search Now button instead of pressing enter.
How can I get a job with Evolution Health?
Please visit our Corporate Website
for more information on how to become a member of the Evolution Health team.
Evolution Health programs are developed using Evolution Health methodology, which is a collaboration procedure involving key input from clinicians, researchers, experts in technology, program sponsors, and active members within our support communities.
Evolution Health is a privately held corporation.
I'm a researcher or Opinion Leader and I would like to do some research with Evolution Health – how does this happen?
Evolution Health undertakes several research partnerships per year. Depending on your experience, both technical and clinical, there are opportunities to work with us. If you are interested in working or partnering with Evolution Health please contact us through our Corporate Website.
I live in a country that has limited social health care services. How can I make your programs available for people who live in my country?
Evolution Health offers discounts to government-run or government-sponsored (non-profit) organizations. Depending on the size of your organization you may consider becoming a Evolution Health research partner. Please visit our Corporate Website
for more information on how to become a Evolution Health partner.
I'm interested in having a Evolution Health representative speak at a conference. How do I contact Evolution Health?
Please visit our Corporate Website
I run a non-profit organization and I would like to have a version of one of your programs. Can you help me?
Evolution Health offers discounts to non-profit organizations. Depending on the size of your organization you may consider becoming a Evolution Health research partner. Please visit our Corporate Website
for more information on how to become a Evolution Health partner.